The word “fetish” can stir up a lot of emotions. Change it to “sexual fetish” and your thoughts go racing! Some minds immediately go to something outlandish or disgusting. Others give a little grin when a sexual fetish crosses their minds. Whatever your first reaction is to the word fetish, the truth is, they’re more common than you think!
The word fetish actually originally comes from “feitico,” an old Portuguese word for charm, or object of power. Basically a fetish was anything deemed “strange” that was worshipped. A talisman, a totem, or other kind of relic that was used in devotion became known as a fetish. From there the term was adopted to mean behaviors surrounding, or obsession (worshipping) of particular inanimate objects, body parts, etc.
Sexual fetishism then, is composed of acts or behaviors surrounding these objects or body parts that incite arousal and sexual stimulation. Often seen as strange or off-the-beaten-path, we’re here to share some fetishes that millions of us sexual beings have been keeping hidden. Here are 10 Fetishes More Common Than You Think!
1. DOMINANT / SUBMISSIVE: From the playful decision of who is on top, to walking a submissive on a leash, the Dominant and Submissive fetish has been around for years! It is most common for women to be dominant with their submissive male partners. The act of taking control (or giving up control) can be very sexually satisfying!
2. SWINGERS / MULTIPLES: Okay, who hasn’t wondered what a threesome would be like? Whether a quick tryst with a couple of cuties in college, or an ongoing fetish, the act of sharing yourself with many lovers is definitely a fetish fantasy! Swingers just do it more often! Some swingers like the aspect of fondling or having sex with another couple or within a group setting. Other swingers will not participate in threesomes or multiples at one time, but will “swing” (aka share) a variety of partners with other couples or within a swingers group!
3. SPANKING / PAIN: They say with pleasure comes pain, but in this case, the pain comes with pleasure! The delicious interweaving of spanking and gently caressing is a very common form of what some know as sadism and masochism. A sadist is someone who enjoys dishing out pain, whereas a masochist enjoys receiving pain. Like dominating and submissive behavior, in the bedroom this type of sexual fetish can range from a quick smack on the bum to nipple clamps and whips! Have you been bad enough for a spanking? 4. VOYEURISM / EXHIBITIONISM: Have you ever masturbated in front of an open window? Snuck away to a bathroom for a little self-love while others were in the same bathroom? The thrill of getting caught in the act or showing off your goods (exhibitionism) or catching others in the act or showing off their goods (voyeurism) is very common! Whether you’re simply into watching others undress or you love to fantasize about someone watching you strip, this fetish adds a little spice to the standard in-the-bedroom and behind-closed-doors sex!
5. PODOPHILIA (FEET): If you become aroused by manicured feet, splayed toes or strong arches, you may have a fetish called Podophilia - a foot fetish! One of the most common and well-known of all the fetishes, foot fetishists love to look at, lick, or massage feet for sexual excitement! 6. NAILS / LIPSTICK: The prowess of a fierce woman is arousing for both men and women, and members of this group fetishize manicured nails and lipstick. Think 80s video vamp with long, blood red nails and lipstick to match and oh! Instant arousal! Whether you’re wanting lipstick stains all over your body or her claws scratching at your back during sex, these two sexy styles go hand-in-hand.
7. HAIR: Another fetish that may be thanks to positive reinforcement in the adult industry and advertising is hair! Her long luscious locks and his stubble rubbing on your skin are common sexual stimulants! Even hairstyles like braids, ponytails, and pigtails are fetishized during sexual encounters! 8. MATERIALS (LEATHER, LATEX, RUBBER): How about the men and women who have a media (or material) fetish? These are the leather daddies and the girls in second-skin style catsuits. Whether you want to be fully-enclosed or “trapped” in latex, or love the squeak of rubber and the smell of leather, these material fetishes are one of the most commonly recognized (and appreciated) fetishes! SEE Our Naughty Fifty Shades of Grey Toys Here!
9. BODY PIERCINGS / TATTOOS: It is one thing to claim that you are “addicted” to getting tattoos or piercings. It’s another thing to be sexually aroused to the point of orgasm when encountering a tattooed or pierced body! Whether you’re aroused by piercing or tattooing your own body or seeing piercings and tattoos on another person's body, this fetish makes tattoo conventions very appealing! Stigmatophiliacs especially relish in the idea of ink or jewelry in the more naughty regions of the anatomy.
10. RETIFISM (SHOES): Though some may believe foot and shoe fetishists are the same thing, they often aren't related, or seen in the same person. Foot fetishists focus on the human body part, whereas shoe fetishists desire the inanimate form of the object. The sharp point of a stiletto heel or the long, slender form of a ballerina’s pointe shoes are some examples of what would fall under this fetish! This gives a whole new meaning to "fuck me boots!"
See? Fetishes don't all have to go immediately to the extremes! What fetishes do you recognize in yourself? Do you have a thing for sharp heels and red lips? Do you like the thrill of being touched in a crowded movie theater? Perhaps you have a fetish and didn't even know it!
I love when she wears lipstick and high heels to bed. Don't care too much for lingerie but something about that combo turns me on.